Whether the party you wish to get dressed up for is an end of school prom or your sweet 16th birthday, then this is the perfect chance to dress up and get glamorous. A party definitely calls for a dress and where better to look to for inspiration than these two glamazons, Whitney Port and Vanessa Hudgens.
Whitney Port, star of The Hills and The City, wears the party dress effortlessly, looking glamorous in a black bubble hem dress for the Sex and the City premier. The sweetheart neckline always looks sexy for a party and is great for both smaller and larger chested females. If your legs are your favourite feature then wear this look with bare legs, teaming it with tights when the night draws colder or you want to distract attention away from your pins. These eye-catching shoe boots keep the dress looking edgier than if it were to be worn with strappy sandals.
- Whitney has swept her hair into a top bun, with the help from some clip in extensions. To create this look apply mousse/gel to the lengths of your hair to keep the bun in place.
- Next pull your hair into a ponytail and secure it with a hairband.
- Separate the tail into two sections and twist each section around the ponytail base, securing with bobby pins all around the edge, pushing deep into the hair to hide any stray clips. This bun works well if it looks slightly undone.
- Whitney has kept her base flawless, created by using a foundation, set with a loose power brushed on top.
- For those killer cheekbones take a bronzer, suck the cheeks in and brush to bronzer up the cheek bones. This creates a great definition.
- Because the lips are the main feature of Whitney’s face, she has kept her eyes simple with black eyeliner along the top lashes only and a sweep of jet black mascara. For a more dramatic look add a layer of false eyelashes to the top eyelid only.
- Whitneys ruby lips are created by putting foundation on the lips first to keep it in place. Then take a red lip-liner and carefully draw around the lip-line, creating a cupid’s bow at the top part of the lips. Apply a matching colour lipstick and blot a tissue in between the lips to stop bleeding or the dreaded lipstick on your teeth moment.
Vanessa Hudgens, actress and model, catapulted into the style stakes after High School Musical. She has an effortless LA look, which consists of maxi dresses and short prom style dresses. In this picture, Vanessa has teamed a silk maxi dress in a cute abstract print with chunk gold bracelets and a long gold pendant. If you want to wear a maxi dress for a party then team with wedges or for super boho look wear with flat sandals. Maxi dresses are great for a summer garden party or a prom that needs something a ‘little extra’.
- Vanessa’s hair has a natural curl so for a look like this wash hair and let it dry naturally.
- When dry add a little shine spray for added protection
- Next step it take your curls and twist them around tongs or if you know how to curl hair with straighteners then this is ideal
- Finish off with a spritz of hairspray and run your fingers through your hair to create natural looking curls.
- Vanessa has great skin so only needs a light tinted moisturiser to keep the skin looking fresh and dewy
- Brush a pink blush on the apples of the cheeks for that flushed look
- The eyes are the feature with this look. Take a teal eyeshadow and run along the socket. Use a teal eyeliner to draw around the eyelid. This look is eye catching and work well in summer
- To keep the look fresh and natural use a brown mascara to apply once to the lashes
- The final step is to add a nude lip-gloss to the lips and you are ready to party the night away.
You might wanna check out Quatty Wot for more fashion tips!