Finding Stylish & Affordable Toddler Clothes
It can be a challenge buying the latest outfits for your growing toddler boy or girl. Busy toddlers need a lot of clothes for a variety of activities. Growing toddlers quickly outgrow clothing sizes and keeping up with a stylish wardrobe can be quite expensive.
Ideas for Buying Affordable Toddler Clothes
Here are some ideas for affordable toddler clothes that will save money and help stay ahead of the next clothing size.
- Shop for toddler clothes off-season. The biggest way to save with affordable toddler clothing is shopping at the end of a season. Most stores offer clearance sales on seasonal clothes mid-season. Buying ahead for next year’s season will save big bucks. The challenge may be determining the size one year ahead. Try estimating the size based on the child’s average growth pattern (i.e. running one size ahead based on age). Estimating a larger size is most likely safer than estimating the smaller size.
- Shop ahead of the season. Shopping for clothing ahead of a season is also a smart idea for affordable toddler clothes. Many stores offer a “pre-season” sale with attractive discounts several months before a season starts. It may be hard to think about bathing suits in March, but it may be cheaper than buying them in June. Buying toddler clothes ahead of the season will also provide for the best selection.
- Invest in toddler clothing for multiple seasons. Consider clothing that can be used for more than one season. Summer dresses for toddler girls can be worn in the spring or fall with tights and a sweater. Buy jackets for toddler boys that are slightly larger in the fall so they can be worn again in the spring. Extending the life of toddler clothing is both easy and practical.
- Shop at resale or consignment shops. Benefit from the new trend of buying children’s clothing at resale or consignment shops at reduced prices. These types of stores will likely have the latest styles and name brands for affordable toddler clothes. Look for a good resale or consignment shop that has strict policies on clothing condition.
- Organize a toddler clothing swap. Sharing clothing with friends and family is the best way to save money on toddler clothing. Start by organizing a gathering of friends or family with children of a variety of ages for both boys and girls. Everyone attending must bring clothing to swap. To make the clothing swap fair for everyone, make sure that there is roughly an equal number of boys and girls. It is also a nice gesture for the parent with the youngest child to bring or purchase clothing for the oldest child. A clothing swap is a fun way to feel good about sharing toddler clothes with family and friends.
Stylish Toddler Clothes
With a little creative planning, it can be easy to save money on your toddler’s clothes without sacrificing style. There is no need to choose price over style. For everyday shopping, many large discount chains (such as Kohls, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target) offer a very fashionable toddler girl and boy styles at affordable prices. Many of these less expensive styles are also more practical for the busy life of a toddler.